We’re growing! Positions available:
NOW HIRING: Independent Living Coordinator
The New River Valley Disability Resource Center (NRV DRC), a non-profit Center for Independent Living, is an organization run by and for people with disabilities. Our goal is to help create an accessible community to assist people with disabilities to live independently. We provide advocacy, peer support, independent living skills training, information and referral, and services to assist people to stay in their homes, return home from a hospital or long term care facility, and assist young people define and follow their post-secondary paths.
An Independent Living Coordinator (ILC) applies the core services by assisting consumers in maintaining or increasing their levels of independence in the community. An ILC works with consumers to build self-esteem, confidence and competence needed to achieve and maintain independence.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Sustain and grow relationships with state and local agencies, community partners and consumers to facilitate necessary accessibility modifications
- Coordinate and facilitate grant funding applications and compliance with multiple partnering agencies
- Maintain confidentiality
- Provide complete, concise information and documentation regarding consumer’s progress in his/her file and in the Center’s data collection system
- Potential limited local travel to meet consumers in their homes while respecting the necessity of social distancing and masking
- Actively participate in staff and program meetings
- Assist in planning and execution of NRV DRC activities as assigned
- Promote positive community awareness in regard to disability issues
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with people with disabilities and/or older adults
- Engage with consumers as a positive role model offering peer support
- Have an awareness of issues affecting people with disabilities
- Familiarity of local community resources and partnering agencies
- Familiarity working with outside funding sources and complying with their requirements
- Excellent communication skills (in person, on phone, and in writing)
- Ability to work with a team
- Be highly organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong attention to and ability to record details
- Skilled in navigating Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the importance of working with a database
- Be teachable, dependable and flexible
This is a full time position with benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Paid time off. Fun, family atmosphere, supportive of work/life balance.
Salary: $14.50 – $15.00 per hour to start
Please email Executive Director Barbara Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and cover letter to apply, or with any questions you may have about applying for this job.